This healthy potato salad is the perfect salad to bring to a BBQ or a gathering, and the best bit is, it is SO much healthier for you than a regular potato salad! The dressing is my favourite part about this whole dish, it is so tasty!
3 medium, waxy potatoes (Desiree or Pontiac work well), well scrubbed
3 radishes, washed and chopped in wedges
1 medium cucumber, chopped
¼ cup chopped mixed herbs, such as dill, parsley and mint
1 tbsp seeded mustard
1 tsp honey
½ garlic clove, crushed
1 tbsp lemon juice
40ml olive oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Cut the potatoes into 3cm pieces and place in a large saucepan and cover completely with cold water.
- Pop the lid on and bring to the boil over a high heat. Reduce the heat to medium-high and boil, partially covered for 10-15 minutes or until just tender.
- Drain and set aside to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, to make the dressing: add the seeded mustard, honey, garlic, lemon juice and olive oil to a small bowl and whisk well to combine. Season with salt and pepper, to taste and set aside.
- In a large bowl place the cool potatoes, radish wedges, cucumber and chopped herbs. Toss gently to combine.
- Add the dressing to the potato mixture and toss gently to combine, being mindful not to break up the potatoes.
- Serve at room temperature or refrigerate to chill.
Love, Kayla xx