This quinoa porridge is a great breakfast meal! It is an awesome alternative to regular porridge that is made with oats, and the best bit is you can add whatever you like to it! Have you tried this healthy recipe before?
80g (1/2 cup) quinoa
125ml milk of choice
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
80g (1/2 cup) blueberries
15g (1 tbsp) cranberries or raspberries
Honey or pure maple syrup, to serve
- Rinse the quinoa well in cold, running water.
- Combine the water and quinoa in a saucepan and bring to the boil over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes until soft or most of the water has been absorbed.
- Add the milk and vanilla and cook for a further 10 minutes until creamy.
- Leave the porridge to sit, covered for 7-10 minutes before serving. The porridge will thicken during this time.
- Spoon into serving bowls, scatter over the berries, drizzle with honey or maple syrup and enjoy.
Serving tip: You can top or add into the quinoa porridge your choice of fruit- try berries, banana, apple, pear or a combination. Other ideas for on or in the porridge include nuts, chia seeds and coconut flakes.
Love, Kayla xx