Whilst these aren't like your traditional pizza, they still taste SO delicious! Eggplants are the perfect vegetables to bake and top with other veggies, the flavours go together perfectly. Feel free to swap out your toppings and get as creative as you like!
1 medium eggplant, sliced 2.5cm thick
200g cherry tomatoes, quartered then chopped
Handful of baby spinach, roughly chopped
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Basil leaves, to garnish
1.Preheat oven to 220°C (428°F) and line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. Arrange the sliced eggplant over the baking tray and sprinkle lightly with sea salt. Bake slices for 15-20 minutes.
3. Remove the eggplant slices from the oven and set your oven to grill.
4. Evenly top each eggplant slice with chopped tomato and chopped spinach, and then sprinkle with cheese.
5. Place the tray in the oven under the grill and grill for 2-4 minutes or until the cheese is golden and bubbling. Keep a close eye on the pizzas at this stage to make sure they don’t burn.
6. Remove the tray from the oven and top with basil leaves.
7. Enjoy warm with a crisp green salad on the side.
Love, Kayla! xx