Are you sick of snacking on unhealthy foods or constantly finding yourself in drive-thru's because you are busy? Try 3 of my favourite healthy on the go snack ideas! You can meal prep these at the start of the week so it is easy for you to grab and go on your way out of the door.
Spicy Baked Chickpeas
These are so delicious and full of flavour! I love making them because I enjoy snacking on them when I feel like something crunchy and full of flavour.
400g can chickpeas, drained, rinsed
2 tbs olive oil
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 tbsp smoked paprika
1/2 tsp chilli powder
2 tsp cumin
1 lime, juiced
1. Preheat oven to 150c (fan forced).
2. Combine the olive oil, sea salt, paprika, chilli powder, cumin and lime juice in a bowl.
3. Add the chickpeas and stir well to coat them.
4. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
5. Spread the chickpeas in one even layer on the lined baking tray.
6. Roast chickpeas for 1 hour or until golden and crispy. You can check them half way and give them a stir to make sure they roast evenly.
7. Let cool. These will store in an airtight container for up to 2 days.
Peanut Butter & Banana Bread
This is such an easy snack to make that literally takes under 5 minutes, but will keep you feeling full and satisfied!
2 slices wholemeal bread
1 tbsp natural peanut butter
1 banana, sliced
1. Spread your bread with the peanut butter and arranged sliced banana on top.
Celery & Peanut Butter Sticks
If you don't like peanut butter, you can replace it with cottage cheese or hummus for this recipe!
1 stalk of celery, chopped
2 tbsp natural peanut butter or hummus or cottage cheese
1. Chop your celery into small pieces and spread your filling in the middle.
2. Make these at the start of the day and keep in your fridge to snack on.
What are some of your favourite on the go snacks?
Love, Kayla xx