This healthy chickpea salad is the perfect side dish for dinner or as leftovers to take for lunch the next day. The flavours of the roasted pumpkin and beetroot really take this salad to the next level.
This makes 1 serve.
120g pumpkin, peeled and cut into 3 cm cubes
3 tsp olive oil
Pinch of ground coriander
Pinch of ground cumin
Salt and pepper, to taste
2 small beetroot
75g cooked chickpeas
6 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
¼ small red onion, finely sliced
1 small handful of rocket leaves
½ lemon, zested and juiced
50g salt-reduced feta cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/390F and line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. Place the pumpkin, one teaspoon of oil, coriander, cumin, salt and pepper in a bowl and toss to combine. Transfer to the prepared baking tray. Wrap the beetroot in aluminium foil and place on the baking tray with the pumpkin.
3. Cook the pumpkin and beetroot for 25-30 minutes or until the pumpkin is tender and a skewer can easily pierce the beetroot. Peel the roasted beetroot while warm, using gloves to avoid staining your hands. Cut the beetroot into wedges. Set the pumpkin and beetroot aside to cool.
4. Combine the chickpeas, tomatoes, onion, rocket leaves, pumpkin and beetroot in a medium bowl.
5. Whisk the remaining oil, lemon zest and juice together in a small bowl, drizzle over the salad and toss gently to combine.
6. Place the salad in a serving bowl and top with the crumbled feta. Enjoy!
Love, Kayla xx