Here is a sweet Valentine’s treat to make for your loved ones! Enjoy these delicious truffles after dinner or with a cup of hot tea - so good!
Ingredients (makes about 10):
100g almond meal
½ ripe avocado
8 Medjool dates, pitted
1 tbsp pure maple syrup
2 tbsp cacao powder, plus extra for dusting
1. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. In a heatproof bowl, cover the dates with boiling water and leave to soak for 30 minutes to soften. Drain.
3. Place the almond meal, avocado, dates, maple syrup and cacao powder in a food processor and process until well combined. The mixture should be a little sticky.
4. If the mixture is too wet add another tablespoon of almond meal. If it is too dry add 1-2 tablespoons of water.
5. Scoop out 1 heaped tablespoon of the mixture and roll into a ball using wet hands.
6. Place the balls on the lined baking tray and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
To serve, roll through the extra cacao to coat. Enjoy!
*Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Love Kayla xx