This grilled chicken salad recipe comes with a refreshing combination of ingredients to satisfy your taste buds while providing you with a good variety of nutrients!
Ingredients (serves 1):
1 small beetroot
Salt and pepper, to taste
1 medium orange, peeled and segmented
¼ small red onion, finely sliced
1 large handful kale, stalks removed and thinly sliced
25g goat’s cheese, crumbled
10g pumpkin seeds
10g sunflower seeds
Seeded Mustard Dressing:
1 tsp seeded mustard
1 tsp honey
2 tsp lemon juice
1 tbsp olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F).
2. Wrap the beetroot in foil with a tablespoon of water (this helps the beetroot to steam).
3. Place in a small roasting pan and bake for 30-40 minutes or until tender.
Test the beetroot with a skewer. It is cooked if a skewer pierces the flesh easily. Set aside to cool.
4. Once cooled, peel the beetroot, cut into wedges and set aside.
5. Meanwhile, heat a chargrill pan over medium heat. Lightly spray the chicken with oil spray and season with salt and pepper. Cook the chicken for 4-6 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Set aside to cool slightly. When cool enough to handle, cut into thick strips and set aside.
6. To make the dressing, whisk the mustard, honey, lemon juice and olive oil together in a small bowl.
7. To make the salad, place the beetroot, chicken, orange segments and onion in a bowl and toss gently to combine.
8. To serve, place the kale on a serving plate and top with the tossed salad. Gently scatter over the crumbled goat’s cheese, cranberries, pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds. Drizzle over the seeded mustard dressing and enjoy!