It doesn’t get much tastier than these Peaches and Cream Muffins! Freshly baked, golden and filled with juicy peach bits will please any sweet tooth ;)
Ingredients (makes 12 muffins):
75g (½ cup) wholemeal flour
75g (½ cup) buckwheat flour
75g (¾ cup) rolled oats
2 tsp baking powder
½ tsp cinnamon
¼ tsp nutmeg
¼ tsp ground ginger
1 large egg
2 tbsp maple syrup
200g low-fat plain yoghurt
60ml (¼ cup) applesauce
2 peaches, stone removed and diced
1. Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F) and lightly spray a 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray (or line with paper liners).
2. Place the wholemeal flour, buckwheat flour, rolled oats, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and ground ginger in a large bowl and mix well to combine.
3. In another bowl mix the egg, maple syrup, yoghurt and applesauce together until well combined and smooth.
4. Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and stir to combine. Gently fold in the diced peaches.
5. Divide the batter evenly between the 12 muffin cups. If desired, sprinkle a small amount of rolled oats on top of the muffins before cooking.
6. Bake the muffins for 20-25 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the middle of a muffin comes out clean.
7. Remove from the pan and leave to cool on a wire rack.