I am so excited about the release of my hard copy book, I just HAD to share a recipe from it! Satisfy your tastebuds with this delicious Greek dish! You can find this recipe and so many more in my new book which is now available. All of the 200 + recipes in my book fit into meal plans that can help you live a happier and healthier lifestyle!
Ingredients (serves 2):
4 small tomatoes
1/2 small brown onion, finely chopped
1/2 garlic clove, crushed
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 medium zucchini, coarsely grated
1 large handful baby spinach leaves, finely chopped
300g tinned brown lentils, drained and rinsed
20g pine nuts, roughly chopped
60g salt- reduced low-fat feta cheese, crumbled
Sea salt and ground pepper, to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced) and line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. Place the quinoa and 160ml of water in a saucepan over high heat and bring to the boil, stirring occasionally. Cover and reduce the heat to low. Simmer for 10-12 minutes until the liquid is absorbed and the quinoa is tender. Set aside to cool slightly
3. Cut the tops off of the tomatoes and set aside for later use. Without breaking the skin, carefully scoop out the tomato flesh and roughly chop it into small pieces.
4. Heat a non-stick fry pan over medium heat and spray lighly with oil spray. Add the onion, garlic and basil and cook for 5 minutes or until the onion is soft and translucent, stirring frequently. Add the chopped tomato flesh, zucchini and spinach and cook for a further 2-3 minutes or until the zucchini is soft and the spinach has wilted, stirring occasionally.
5. Place the quinoa, zucchini and spinach mixture, lentils, currants, pine nuts, feta, salt and pepper ina bowl and toss gently to combine.
6. Fill the tomatoes evenly with the quinoa mixture, sit the tomato lids on top and place on the lined baking tray.
7. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the tomatoes are tender and the filling is heated through. Serve and enjoy!
Love Kayla xx