If you’re after a simple and healthy meal, packed with flavour then this Thai Beef Salad Recipe is just for you! After some extra kick? Add some chilli :)
Ingredients (makes 2 serves):
250g lean beef steak
1 Lebanese cucumber, thinly sliced
14 red grapes, halved
2 large handfuls baby spinach leaves
½ small red onion, finely sliced
1 long red chilli, thinly sliced
1 kaffir lime leaf, finely shredded
1 small handful fresh coriander, leaves picked
1 small handful fresh mint, roughly chopped
½ lime, juiced
1 tsp coconut sugar
1 tsp fish sauce
1 tsp sesame oil
¼ tsp soy sauce
½ tsp finely grated fresh ginger
½ garlic clove, crushed
1. To make the dressing, whisk the lime juice, coconut sugar, fish sauce, sesame oil, soy sauce, ginger and garlic together in a small bowl.
2. Place the steak in a bowl. Drizzle over half the dressing and mix to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for 1½ hours.
3. Heat a medium non-stick fry pan over high heat. Cook the steak for 2-3 minutes on each side for medium-rare or continue until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate, cover loosely with foil and set aside for 10 minutes to rest.
4. Meanwhile, place the cucumber, grapes, spinach, onion, chilli, lime leaf, coriander and mint in a large mixing bowl.
5. Thinly slice the steak against the grain and add to the salad. Drizzle with the remaining dressing and toss gently to combine.
6. Place the salad in two bowls and serve immediately. Enjoy!