Easy Guacamole Recipe!
Avocado is one of my all time favourite "super foods". Not only is it PACKED with nutrients, it tastes amazing and can be incorporated into so many meals!
Health Benefits of Avocado
The list of health benefits from eating avocado is endless! Did you know, a single medium sized avocado has approximately 975 milligrams of potassium, while a banana, well-known for being loaded with potassium, delivers just half that, with around 487 milligrams per large banana!
Yes, avocado is high in natural fats, but you also need to know that not all fat is bad for you. Monounsaturated fat in particular, are what makes the first health benefit of an avocado. In an avocado, most of the calories you receive come from monounsaturated fat. The monounsaturated fat or "healthy fat" as I call it, is extremely good for you in small amounts.
Some vitamins that you can find in an avocado are vitamin K, E and B. Vitamin B helps your body's metabolism and its maintenance of a healthy skin tone, while vitamin K plays a fundamental role in maintaing healthy bones. For a different way to try adding avocado into your day, taste this ASAP!
Zesty Guacomole Recipe
Total time: 10 mins
Dietary preferences: Vegan, Vegetarian, Gluten-free
- 1 large ripe tomato
- 3 avocados, very ripe but not bruised
- juice 1 large lime
- handful coriander, leaves and stalks chopped, plus a few leaves, roughly chopped, to serve
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 chilli, red or green, deseeded and finely chopped
- Dice tomato and tip into a bowl (juices and all!). Halve and stone the avocados and use a spoon to scoop out the flesh into the bowl with the tomato.
- Tip all the other ingredients into the bowl, then season with salt and pepper. Use a whisk to roughly mash everything together and place into a serving bowl! Place with some vege sticks or in home made Tacos. This is absolutely amazing! Tag me in your avocado creations @kayla_itsines & #kaylaitsines
* Disclaimer: This blog post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. Sweat assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.