My Mama's Seafood Secret Recipe
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 35 mins
Total time: 45 mins
Dietary preferences: Pescatarian, Vegetarian, Gluten-free, Dairy-free
- 1 kg overripe tomatoes
- Olive oil
- Himalayan salt
- Black pepper
- Sugar (only a pinch to balance the acidity of the tomato)
- Simply put all ingredients into a blender and blend until the sauce becomes relatively thin with minimal lumps then set aside for later.
- One onion, chopped finely
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped finely
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Seafood of your choice
- Add the onion, cloves and olive oil to a deep saucepan and cook on medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Add the sauce and simmer for 15-20 minutes to blend the flavour.
- Add seafood of your choice to the simmering sauce and cook for 10 minutes or until ready.
NOTE: For the seafood, you can choose anything such as crabs, calamari or prawns but these are my favourites with this sauce. Also, cooking the seafood for too long will make the sauce watery. If this happens simply remove the seafood, let the sauce simmer down again and re-add the seafood.
* Disclaimer: This blog post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. Sweat assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.