Healthy Raw Energy Bars Recipe
I LOVE having one of these healthy bars before a workout, I prefer to receive my protein from natural sources and the best thing is these actually taste like a dessert! Store bought bars can be full of refined sugars and nasty additives, if you are trying to follow a healthy lifestyle overindulging in those types of snacks can have negative results for your weight loss.
Healthy Raw Energy Bars
Try these raw energy bars today, you will be licking the bowl before you even finish!
Total time: 5 mins + 1 hour chilling time
Dietary preferences: Vegan, Vegetarian, Gluten-free
- 2 cups medjool dates, pitted and chopped
- 2 cups raw cashews
- 1/2 cup almonds, blanched
- 3/4 cup raw cacao powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 to 3 tbs cold water
1. Combine chopped dates, cashews, almonds, cacao powder, and salt in a food processor. Process all ingredients until texture is coarse.
2. Add the shredded coconut, a quick pulse, then add the vanilla extract and a little water at a time, until it reaches a dry but moist dough consistency.
3. Scrape the dough mixture into a foil or baking sheet lined loaf tin (29cm x 12cm) and chill for an hour before serving.
* Results may vary. Strict adherence to the nutrition and exercise guide are required for best results.