Healthy Roasted Vegetables Recipe
There is nothing better than a healthy hearty roast with some delicious, crisp roasted veggies! These veggies are pretty simple, but once roasted the flavours all melt together and make a mouthwatering side dish. I love serving them with proteins such as grilled chicken, steak or even on their own with some quinoa on the side. Experiment with as many veggies as you like!
Roasted Vegetables Recipe
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 60 mins
Total time: 70 mins
Dietary preferences: Vegan, Vegetarian, Gluten-free, Nut-free
- 1 bunch of baby carrots, washed, tops trimmed
- 1 red onion, chopped into pieces
- 2 sweet potatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 large beetroot, roughly chopped (or you can use a bunch of baby beets cut in half)
- 1-2 parsnips, chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh rosemary roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme roughly chopped
- 3 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
- sea salt & freshly ground pepper
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 200c (392f).
- Place all vegetables in a big bowl and toss through.
- Add all the herbs, coconut oil and salt and pepper to the bowl making sure to coat all the veggies.
- Cover a baking sheet with baking paper or aluminium foil and spread veggies out in a single layer.
- Roast the vegetables in the oven for 30 minutes then stir them around. Roast for a further 30-40 minutes or until golden brown and tender.
- Take out of oven and pour vinegar over veggies. Serve.
* Disclaimer: This blog post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. Sweat assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.