Cajun Chicken & Spiced Quinoa Recipe
This is a perfect weeknight dinner meal. Once you have stocked up on spices at the supermarket, they will last you forever and you can use them for a variety of meals! Quinoa is a great wheat-free alternative to other grains and is an AMAZING source of protein containing all nine essential amino acids.
Cajun Chicken and Spiced Quinoa Recipe
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 35 mins
Total time: 45 mins
Dietary preferences: Nut-free
- 2 tsp cajun seasoning
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 tbsp coriander, chopped
- 1 large chicken breast
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1 cup of low sodium chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- ½ small red onion, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
1. Rinse quinoa well under cold water and place in a saucepan with the stock. Bring to boil over high heat then reduce heat to low and simmer, covered for 10 minutes or until just tender. Remove from heat and set aside, covered.
2. Meanwhile for the chicken, mix the seasoning, lime juice and coriander in a bowl. Let chicken sit in the mixture for 5 minutes.
3. Heat the coconut oil in a saucepan and add the vegetables, spices and garlic. Cook until carrot has softened. Add vegetable mix to the quinoa and stir in parsley, lemon juice and season with salt and pepper.
4. Heat some more coconut oil over a grill or fry pan and grill chicken over medium to high heat until it is cooked through.
5. Serve with quinoa and enjoy!
* Results may vary. Strict adherence to the nutrition and exercise guide are required for best results.