Easy Green St Patrick's Day Recipes
If you are celebrating St Patrick's Day this year, here are some fun and healthy treats you can make for all of your family and friends! Even if you don't celebrate St Patrick's Day, these are some of my favourite recipes to make!
Luck Of The Irish Green Smoothie
Total time: 5 mins
Dietary preferences: Vegan, Vegetarian, Gluten-free, Dairy-free
- 2 cups of spinach
- 2 cups of iced water or coconut water
- 2 cups of mango (fresh or frozen)
- 1 large frozen banana (cut this before you freeze)
- 2 tbs chia seeds
1. Blend water and spinach first, until you get a smooth consistency with no chunks.
2. Add in the fruit and chia seeds and blend again until smooth.
Shamrock Matcha Cookies
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 30 mins
Serves: 18-20 cookies
Dietary preferences: Vegetarian, Grain-free
- 2 cups of almond flour
- 1/2 cup of coconut sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup blanched almonds
- 4 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp matcha green tea powder
- 2 tbsp milk of your choice (I like almond)
1. In a large bowl mix together the almond flour, coconut sugar and baking powder.
2. In a separate bowl mix together the coconut oil, vanilla extract, egg and milk.
3. Combine the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients and once well incorporated stir in the matcha powder and almonds.
4. Heat the oven to 190c (375f) and line baking trays with baking paper.
5. Scoop out balls of about 1 tbs of cookie dough and flatten them on the baking sheet.
6. Bake for 10-15 minutes and then let them cool for a further 5 minutes.
* Results may vary. Strict adherence to the nutrition and exercise guide are required for best results.