Blueberry Coconut Oatmeal Recipe From My New Book!
As most of you ladies know by now, my new book The Bikini Body Motivation & Habits Guide is going to be released* very soon! I’m really excited about it because I know that lots of you ladies have been asking me for tips on staying motivated throughout your fitness journey. In my book, I talk about how motivation actually works and give you some of my tools to help guide you along the way!
In addition to helping you with motivation, I’ve also included more than 200 recipes, which are all in an easy-to-follow meal plan. I’m a big believer that healthy eating can be full of flavour, and all the recipes in my book definitely prove that!
Putting this book together has been such a great experience and I always love seeing the glossy pages of recipes. The photos are so amazing, I know you will love them and I really hope they entice you to get into the kitchen and make delicious, healthy meals. I've included a range of breakfast, lunch, dinner and healthy snack recipes to make sure you never go hungry and that you give your body plenty of nutrients and energy to feel your best.
Blueberry Coconut Oatmeal
This recipe for my Blueberry Coconut Oatmeal is a delicious breakfast with just a touch of sweetness! I hope you try it out for yourself and love it. Be sure to share and tag me in any photos so that I can see your yummy oatmeal creation or check out some of my other favourite healthy breakfast ideas.
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 55 mins
Total time: 65 mins
Dietary preferences: Vegetarian
- oil spray
- 40g rolled oats
- Pinch of ground ginger
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- Sea salt, to taste
- ¾ cup (190ml) low-fat milk
- ¼ tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tsp pure maple syrup
- 80g blueberries
- 20g muesli
- 1 tbsp coconut flakes
- 10g slivered almonds, toasted
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C (355°F) and grease a 10cm ramekin with oil spray.
2. Place the oats, ginger, baking powder, salt, milk, vanilla and maple syrup in a bowl and mix until well combined. Gently fold through half of the blueberries, then pour into the prepared ramekin. Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, place the muesli and half of the coconut in a small bowl and mix well to combine.
4. Remove the oatmeal from the oven and sprinkle over the muesli and coconut mixture. Return to the oven and continue to bake for a further 20-25 minutes or until the top is crisp and the oatmeal is just set. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool completely. Cover with plastic film and refrigerate overnight.
5. Place the remaining blueberries and 1 tablespoon of water in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook, covered for 5 minutes or until soft and syrupy. Remove from the heat and gently mash the blueberries against the side of the saucepan with a fork.
6. To serve, place the blueberry coconut oatmeal in a serving bowl and top with the almonds, remaining coconut and blueberry sauce. Enjoy!
*The Bikini Body Motivation & Habits Guide is currently available to preorder for customers in Australia, NZ, USA, UK and Ireland.
* Results may vary. Strict adherence to the nutrition and exercise guide are required for best results.