Healthy Chicken & Quinoa Salad Recipe
This chicken quinoa salad is perfect to serve for lunch or dinner as it is packed with protein and goodies, to help you feel satisfied and full!
This recipe also makes great leftovers to take to work or school the next day.
Healthy Chicken Quinoa Salad
I love how simple this salad is — it comes together so easily and the dressing absolutely brings out the flavour of the vegetables.
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 25 mins
Total time: 35 mins
Dietary preferences: Gluten-free, Dairy-free
- 100g raw chicken breast
- 45g quinoa
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 spring onion, sliced
- ½ medium cucumber, sliced
- 30g walnuts
- 1 handful rocket leaves
- 1small handful fresh mint, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- ½ tbsp fresh orange juice
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
1. Place quinoa and 160ml water in a saucepan over a high heat. Bring to the boil, cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 10 to 12 minutes or until liquid has been absorbed. Fluff with a fork and set aside to cool.
2. Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces. Lightly spray a non-stick fry pan with cooking spray and heat over a medium-high heat. Add the chicken pieces and cook for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally until browned all over and cooked through. Set aside in a heatproof bowl.
3. To make the dressing: place all the ingredients into a small bowl and whisk to combine. Set aside.
4. Place the tomato, spring onion, cucumber, walnuts, rocket leaves, mint and cooked quinoa in a mixing bowl and toss gently to combine. Add the dressing to the salad and toss gently to coat.
5. To serve, place the salad on a serving plate and top with the cooked chicken.
* Disclaimer: This blog post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. Sweat assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.