Cottage Cheese and Coconut Pancakes Recipe
Okay, ladies. I am going to share a recipe for the lightest pancakes ever! And it’s all because of the cottage cheese! Stay with me on this — I promise they taste amazing too.
Cottage cheese provides your body with protein, so these pancakes are good for you and taste fantastic. If you like the idea of protein pancakes but not protein powder so much, this recipe is about to become your new favourite.
Don’t throw away the leftover cottage cheese! Use it for something like my high protein banana smoothie later in the week.
Cottage Cheese And Coconut Pancakes
So quick to make, these pancakes are perfect for any day of the week!
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 30 mins
Dietary preferences: Vegetarian, Gluten-free, Nut-free
- 110g (½ cup) cottage cheese
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp honey (optional)
- 35g (¼ cup) coconut flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1 mango, peeled and sliced
- 200g low-fat plain yoghurt
- 1 tbsp desiccated coconut
- coconut flakes, toasted, to garnish
- lime zest, to garnish
1. Place the cottage cheese, eggs, vanilla and honey (if using) in a high-powered blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
2. Add the flour, baking soda and salt and blend again until combined. Leave to sit for 5 minutes to thicken.
3. For the topping, place the yoghurt and desiccated coconut in a small bowl and mix until well combined. Cover with plastic film and refrigerate until ready to use.
4. Heat a non-stick fry pan over medium-high heat and spray lightly with oil spray. Pour a ladleful of the batter into the pan. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until bubbles rise to the surface and the underside is golden brown. Use a spatula to flip and cook for a further 1-2 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through. Transfer to a plate and loosely cover with foil to keep warm.
5. Repeat with the remaining batter until finished.
6. To serve, divide the pancakes over two serving plates and top with the mango, coconut yoghurt, coconut flakes and lime zest. Enjoy!
* Disclaimer: This blog post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. Sweat assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.