Crispy Pancake With Chicken And Asian Slaw Recipe
In case you missed the announcement last week, I am beyond excited to let you know that I have a new book coming out! The Bikini Body Motivation & Habits Guide is now available for you to pre-order here*.
My second book is all about motivation and healthy habits! I share some of my favourite tips for staying on track with fitness and healthy eating, giving you tools you can use every day to enhance your life and to become fitter and healthier.
I wanted to give you all a sneak-peek of the kind of delicious meals you can expect to find in this book, which is why I’m sharing this Crispy Pancake with Chicken and Asian Slaw recipe. It uses shredded roast chicken, which is folded into a delicious golden pancake that tastes SO good. I know you’ll love this one, as well as the other recipes in my book!
Crispy Pancake with Chicken and Asian Slaw Recipe
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 25 mins
Total time: 45 mins
Dietary preferences: Nut-free, Gluten-free option
- 70 g rice flour
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- pinch of ground turmeric
- ¼ cup (60 ml) low-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons ice cold water
- oil spray
- 80 g roast chicken, shredded
- 50 g red cabbage, finely shredded
- ¼ medium green capsicum, thinly sliced
- ½ medium carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 small handful bean sprouts
- 1 small handful Vietnamese mint leaves
- sea salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 50 g low-fat plain yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon salt-reduced tamari or soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ¼ garlic clove, crushed
- ½ fresh red chilli, seeds removed and finely diced (optional)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander
1. To make the crispy pancake, whisk the flour, cornflour, turmeric, milk and water together in a medium bowl until well combined. Cover with plastic film and refrigerate for 30 minutes to rest.
2. Meanwhile, to make the dressing, whisk the yoghurt, tamari or soy sauce, lime juice, honey, garlic, chilli (if using) and coriander together in a small bowl.
3. Heat a non-stick fry pan over medium–high heat and spray lightly with oil spray. Pour a ladleful of the batter into the pan. Cook for 3–4 minutes or until bubbles rise to the surface and the bottom is golden brown. Use a spatula to flip and cook for a further 1–2 minutes or until golden brown and crispy. Transfer to a plate and set aside. Repeat with the remaining batter until finished.
4. To serve, layer the chicken, cabbage, capsicum, carrot, bean sprouts and mint leaves on one half of each pancake. Drizzle over the dressing, season with salt and pepper, if desired, and fold over to enclose the filling.
*The Bikini Body Motivation & Habits Guide is currently available to preorder for customers in Australia, NZ, USA, UK and Ireland.
* Results may vary. Strict adherence to the nutrition and exercise guide are required for best results.