Eggs With Potato Rosti And Rocket Recipe
This recipe is awesome to serve up for brunch! The potato rosti is a basically a healthier homemade hashbrown, and I love serving it with a dollop of greek yogurt if I don’t have it with the egg. For even more variety you can use sweet potato instead of regular potato!
Eggs With Potato Rosti and Rocket Recipe
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 30 mins
Dietary preferences: Vegetarian, Dairy-free, Gluten-free
- 2 medium potatoes
- 2-3 tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 eggs
- ½ tbsp fresh lemon juice
- ½ tsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 large handful rocket leaves
1. Preheat the oven to 100°C and line a baking tray with paper towel.
2. Peel and coarsely grate the potatoes. Place the grated potato into a colander and squeeze out as much moisture as possible. Season the potato with black pepper.
3. Heat one tablespoon sunflower oil in a large non-stick fry pan over a medium-high heat. Place large tablespoonfuls of the potato mixture into the pan and flatten a little with the back of an egg lifter.
4. Cook for 3-4 minutes each side or until golden brown and cooked through. Using the egg lifter, transfer the potato rostis to the prepared baking tray and keep warm in the oven. Continue with the remaining potato mixture, adding more oil as needed.
5. To soft boil eggs: place the eggs in a small saucepan and cover with cold water. Cover and bring to the boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 3-4 minutes.
6. Use a slotted spoon to remove the eggs from the water and refresh under cool running water. Gently crack the eggshell and carefully peel the eggs. Set aside until needed.
7. To make the dressing: whisk the lemon juice, mustard, garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper together in a small bowl.
8. Place the rocket in a bowl, drizzle over the dressing and toss gently to combine.
9. Divide the rostis over two serving plates, top with the soft-boiled egg and the rocket leaves on the side.
* Results may vary. Strict adherence to the nutrition and exercise guide are required for best results.