Healthy Green Chicken Curry Recipe
This Green Chicken Curry Recipe is filled with fragrant aromas and the perfect amount of spice, making it a great healthy dinner.
Healthy Chicken Curry Recipe
This chicken curry is quick to make and sure to please you and your guests :)
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
Total time: 40 mins
Dietary preferences: Dairy-free, Nut-free
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 500g chicken thigh fillets, trimmed and cut into 3cm pieces
- Green curry paste (recipe below)
- 400ml can light coconut milk
- 125ml salt-reduced vegetable stock
- 2 kaffir lime leaves, torn
- 150g green beans, trimmed and halved
- 1 medium red capsicum, deseeded and sliced
- 100g frozen peas
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- coriander leaves, to taste
- lime wedges, to serve
Green Curry Paste:
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- ¼ small white onion, chopped
- 2cm piece fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1 lemongrass stalk, trimmed and chopped
- 3 long green chillies, deseeded and chopped
- ½ bunch chopped fresh coriander, leaves and stems
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp lime juice
1. To make the curry paste, place the garlic, onion, ginger, lemongrass, chilli, coriander, fish sauce and lime juice in a high-powered food processor and process until a smooth paste forms. Refrigerate until ready to use.
2. Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook for 5-7 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring frequently.
3. Add the curry paste and cook for 1-2 minutes until fragrant, stirring constantly. Stir in the coconut milk, stock and lime leaves. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer, covered, for 10 minutes.
4. Add the green beans, capsicum, sugar and fish sauce and simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until the sauce starts to thicken, stirring occasionally. Add the peas and simmer for a further 2 minutes or until heated through. Check the seasoning and add salt and pepper, if desired.
5. To serve, spoon the curry into four serving bowls and sprinkle over the coriander. Enjoy with cooked brown rice or quinoa and lime wedges on the side.
*Extra portions can also be frozen and reheated at a later date.
* Results may vary. Strict adherence to the nutrition and exercise guide are required for best results.