Chicken Pad Thai Recipe
Chicken Pad Thai is an easy, flavour-filled meal you can make any night of the week! I like to use authentic flavours and fill it with delicious crisp veggies. It’s so yummy and great for sharing.
This healthy chicken Pad Thai recipe is so much tastier and healthier than takeaway, and it is really simple to make! You could even have a Thai-style dinner party and make my healthy Thai prawn noodle salad — it’s delicious!
Healthy Pad Thai Recipe with Chicken
If Pad Thai is one of your favourite dishes, make sure you give this healthy recipe a try, at least once!
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 30 mins
Dietary preferences: Dairy-free, Gluten-free option
- 150g flat rice stick noodles
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 100g chicken breast fillet, finely sliced
- 1 medium carrot, julienned
- 1 medium red capsicum, finely sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 80g snow peas, trimmed and sliced
- 3 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 large handful bean sprouts
- 1 small handful fresh coriander, chopped
- 20g unsalted peanuts, chopped
- sliced fresh red chilli, to serve (optional)
- lime wedges, to serve
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- ½ tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp salt-reduced tamari or soy sauce
- ½ tsp finely chopped fresh red chilli
- Place the noodles in a heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water. Leave for 10 minutes and then loosen the noodles with a fork. Drain and refresh under cool running water. Drain well and set aside.
- To make the sauce, whisk the fish sauce, honey, rice vinegar, lime juice, tamari or soy and chilli together in a small bowl.
- Heat half the oil in a wok or a large, deep non-stick fry pan over medium-high heat. Carefully swirl the oil around to coat the sides of the wok or pan. Add the chicken and stir-fry for 4-6 minutes until cooked through, stirring frequently. Transfer to a plate.
- Reheat the wok or pan over medium-high heat. Add the remaining oil and carefully swirl it around to coat the sides of the wok or pan. Add the carrot and capsicum and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes. Add the garlic, snow peas and spring onions and stir-fry for 1 minute or until tender-crisp.
- Push the vegetables to the edges of the wok to create a well. Add the egg and stir-fry for 1 minute or until the egg is almost cooked. Add the noodles, chicken and sauce and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Add the bean sprouts and toss to combine.
- To serve, place the Pad Thai in two serving bowls and sprinkle over the coriander, peanuts and chilli (if using). Serve with lime wedges on the side.
Enjoy! For more quick dinner ideas, check out my healthy recipes.
* Disclaimer: This blog post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. Sweat assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.