Healthy Cookie Dessert Pizza
I know that 4th of July is right around the corner for all my American girls, so I came up with this cute dessert pizza recipe! You can make this for a bbq or party - and it tastes just as good as it looks. Let's be honest though, I don't think we need an excuse to make this, so even if you don't celebrate 4th of July - give it a go!
Healthy Cookie Dessert Pizza Recipe
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 25 mins
Total time: 35 mins
Serves: Makes a 24cm pizza
Dietary preferences: Vegetarian
- 150g rolled oats
- 30g almond meal
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 tbsp honey
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 100g low-fat cream cheese
- 100g low-fat ricotta cheese
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- sliced strawberries, to serve
- blueberries, to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C (375°F) and line a pizza tray with baking paper.
2. Place the oats, almond meal, cacao powder, honey and mashed banana in a mixing bowl and mix until well combined.
3. Spread the oat mixture evenly over the pizza tray and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes. Keep an eye on the base in the last 5-10 minutes to avoid overcooking. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
4. To make the topping, place the cream cheese, ricotta, vanilla extract and maple syrup in a mixing bowl and stir until well combined and smooth. Spread onto the pizza base using a spatula.
5. To serve, top with the strawberries and blueberries. Cut the pizza into smaller wedges using a sharp knife. Share and enjoy!
* Results may vary. Strict adherence to the nutrition and exercise guide are required for best results.