Healthy Cookie Dessert Pizza
I know that 4th of July is right around the corner for all my American girls, so I came up with this cute dessert pizza recipe! You can make this for a bbq or party - and it tastes just as good as it looks. Let's be honest though, I don't think we need an excuse to make this, so even if you don't celebrate 4th of July - give it a go!
Healthy Cookie Dessert Pizza Recipe
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 25 mins
Total time: 35 mins
Serves: Makes a 24cm pizza
Dietary preferences: Vegetarian
- 150g rolled oats
- 30g almond meal
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 tbsp honey
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 100g low-fat cream cheese
- 100g low-fat ricotta cheese
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- sliced strawberries, to serve
- blueberries, to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C (375°F) and line a pizza tray with baking paper.
2. Place the oats, almond meal, cacao powder, honey and mashed banana in a mixing bowl and mix until well combined.
3. Spread the oat mixture evenly over the pizza tray and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes. Keep an eye on the base in the last 5-10 minutes to avoid overcooking. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
4. To make the topping, place the cream cheese, ricotta, vanilla extract and maple syrup in a mixing bowl and stir until well combined and smooth. Spread onto the pizza base using a spatula.
5. To serve, top with the strawberries and blueberries. Cut the pizza into smaller wedges using a sharp knife. Share and enjoy!
* Disclaimer: This blog post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. Sweat assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.