Healthy Homemade Muesli Bars Recipe
Muesli bars can be a delicious and filling snack option when you are exercising regularly and want something healthy to fuel your body between meals.
As you probably know, I love homemade healthy snacks because sometimes the store-bought kind can contain hidden processed ingredients. That’s why this healthy muesli bar recipe is so great! It only contains wholesome ingredients which can make it is easier for you to stay on top of your health goals. And trust me - kids will love this healthy snack too!
This muesli bar recipe makes a number of bars, which means you can refrigerate the lot, then take slices out throughout the week when you feel like something sweet!
Healthy Muesli Bars Recipe
Total time: 15 mins + 1-2 hours chilling time
Serves: Makes 12 bars
Dietary preferences: Vegetarian, Vegan, Dairy-free
- 160g almond meal
- 100g rolled oats
- 2 tbsp quinoa
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 60g pumpkin seeds
- 60g sunflower seeds
- 2 tbsp desiccated coconut
- 10 Medjool dates, pitted and chopped
- 50g dried cranberries, chopped
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 2 tbsp water
1. Grease a 20cm square baking pan with oil spray and line with baking paper or plastic film.
2. Place all the dry ingredients, dates and cranberries in a large bowl and mix to combine.
3. In a second bowl, whisk the maple syrup, tahini and water together until smooth. Pour over the dry ingredients and mix until well combined. Add extra water if the mixture is too dry.
4. Press the mixture into the lined baking pan, cover with plastic film and refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
5. Carefully turn the pan over onto a chopping board and remove the baking paper or plastic film. Cut into 12 bars and store in the refrigerator in an airtight container. Enjoy!
There are plenty of other healthy substitutes you can use when baking other snacks too — it’s just about getting creative and making food that you love!
Are there any other healthy snack ideas you want me to makeover? Comment below!
* Results may vary. Strict adherence to the nutrition and exercise guide are required for best results.