Make-Your-Own Trail Mix
The perfect snack fix — fruit, seeds and nuts mixed together to make the ultimate trail mix!
When it comes to super simple healthy snacks you can pack to take to work or to top your morning bowl of oats, this recipe is hard to beat.
This trail mix recipe makes 3 cups, so you can make it at the start of the week and keep in the fridge, ready to snack on when you're feeling peckish. It's also great for mums who want to make a healthy after-school snack that will last for a few days. You can also make a batch and keep it in a container in the fridge at work to help avoid a 3pm slump.
Mixing together nuts, seeds and fruit gives you a little crunch and sweetness in one snack! Plus, you get plenty of nutrients from the nuts and seeds. If you tend to get a sugar craving later in the day, this has everything you need to keep you satisfied.
Make-Your-Own Trail Mix Recipe
It is hard to go past this satisfying trail mix when you want an energy-boosting snack that tastes amazing.
Total time: 2 mins
Serves: Makes 3 cups
Dietary preferences: Vegan, Vegetarian, Gluten-free, Dairy-free
- 1 cup (130g) brazil nuts
- 1 cup (140g) almonds
- ¼ cup (30g) pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup (30g) goji berries
- ¼ cup (40g) raisins
- ¼ cup (20g) toasted coconut flakes
- ¼ cup (30g) cacao nibs
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- salt, to taste
1. Place all the ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix until well combined. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
2. Grab a handful-sized portion and enjoy as a yummy snack. Alternatively, serve the trail mix with yoghurt and fresh berries for a healthy and delicious breakfast.
* Disclaimer: This blog post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. Sweat assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.