Mediterranean Chicken And Vegetable Foil Parcel Recipe
I absolutely love how easily this Mediterranean Chicken and Vegetable Foil Parcel comes together! You simply combine everything and bake in the oven. The result — juicy chicken and delicious vegetables PLUS less washing up. What's not to love about that?!
This is such a simple and healthy dinner you can make during the week. If you’re in the mood for something sweet to finish the meal off, a healthy dessert like my mini mango cheesecakes would be perfect!
Mediterranean Chicken And Vegetable Foil Parcel
Cooking chicken and vegetables in a foil parcel means less mess and a juicy meal that is so simple to cook. Try it for yourself.
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 25 mins
Total time: 45 mins
Dietary preferences: Dairy-free, Gluten-free, Nut-free
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tsp honey
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp lemon juice
- ¾ medium potato, peeled and cut into 0.5 cm rounds
- ¼ small red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ medium zucchini, sliced into 0.5 cm rounds
- 80g cherry tomatoes, halved
- sea salt and ground black pepper
- 1 chicken breast
- 2 tsp fresh parsley, chopped, plus extra to garnish
- ¼ tsp chilli flakes
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F). Lay out a 30cm x 30cm piece of aluminium foil on a flat work surface.
2. Place the potato, onion, zucchini and cherry tomatoes in the middle of the aluminium foil and season with salt and pepper. Top with the chicken breast and season with salt and pepper, if desired.
3. Whisk the oil, garlic, honey, mustard and lemon juice together in a small bowl. Gently pour over the chicken and vegetables and sprinkle over the parsley and chilli flakes.
4. Fold the foil over the chicken and vegetables and pinch the ends together to make a sealed parcel.
5. Transfer the parcel to a baking tray and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender.
6. To serve, transfer the parcel to a serving plate. Open the parcel carefully as there will be steam released when opening. Garnish with extra parsley, if desired. Enjoy!
* Disclaimer: This blog post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. Sweat assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.