Mediterranean Taco Recipe From My Hardcopy Book!
I am so excited about the upcoming release of my hard copy book, I just HAD to share a recipe from it! Sink your teeth into this delicious lunch! It's such an easy meal that is full of vegetables — and lots of flavour. It is also a perfect way to use up any leftover chicken breast. You can find this recipe and so many more in my hardcopy book which is now available for pre-order. All of the 200 + recipes in my book fit into meal plans that can help you live a happier and healthier lifestyle - I can't wait to share this with you!
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 12 mins
Total time: 22 mins
Dietary Preferences: Nut-free
- 2 cups (500ml) salt-reduced vegetable stock
- 80g chicken breast fillet
- 5 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/4 Lebanese cucumber, diced
- 1/4 small red onion, diced
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1 wholemeal pita bread
- 40g hummus
- 1 small handful lettuce leaves, shredded
- 2 kalamata olives, pitted and sliced
- 30g salt-reduced-low-fat feta cheese, crumbled
- sea salt and ground black pepper, to taste
1. Heat the stock in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add the chicken and reduce the heat to medium-low. Cook for 10-12 minutes until the chicken is cooked through. Drain off excess liquid. Coarsely shred the chicken using two forks and set aside to cool completely. To save time, the chicken can be cooked the night before and stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
2. Place the tomato, cucumber, onion, vinegar, salt and pepper in a small bowl and toss gently to combine.
3. Warm the pita bread in a large dry pan over medium-high heat for 30 seconds on each side. Remove from the heat.
*To serve, spread the hummus over the pita and layer the chicken, lettuce, tomato mixture, olives and feta. Fold in half.
* Results may vary. Strict adherence to the nutrition and exercise guide are required for best results.