Oatmeal & Coconut Cookies Recipe
Make these sweet, firm and delicious cookies whenever you want a sweet treat! Nutritious and full of energy and also long-lasting :)
Oatmeal And Coconut Cookie Recipe
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 30 mins
Serves: 16 cookies
Dietary preferences: Vegetarian, Dairy-free
100g (1 cup) rolled oats
60g (⅔ cup) desiccated coconut
50g (½ cup) almond meal
1 tsp cornflour or arrowroot
1 tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
3 tbsp coconut oil, melted
2 tbsp honey
1 tsp vanilla extract
4 tbsp warm water
1. Preheat the oven to 170°C (340°F) and line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. Place the rolled oats, coconut, almond meal, cornflour or arrowroot, baking powder and salt in a large mixing bowl and mix until well combined.
3. In a separate bowl, mix together the coconut oil, honey, vanilla extract and water. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until well combined.
4. Roll level tablespoons of the mixture into balls and place on the lined baking tray. Flatten slightly using your fingers or a fork. Ensure that you leave space between the cookies to allow room for spreading during baking.
5. Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes or until golden. Leave for 5 minutes to cool slightly before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. The cookies will harden as they cool. Enjoy!
Store the cookies in an airtight container for up to two weeks.
* Disclaimer: This blog post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. Sweat assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.