Quick & Easy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
For anyone who loves to bake, I'm sure you will agree it is so nice to have a foolproof, super simple recipe for cookies! Even better if that recipe is on the healthy side.
I’ve shared a few recipes for cookies in the past, like my carrot cake cookies and a dessert version — a cookie pizza! Today, I have an amazing recipe for quick and easy oatmeal raisin cookies that I think you will love.
There is a good reason why quick and easy is in the title of this recipe! You can whip up a batch of these tasty oatmeal cookies in as little as 25 minutes — which is perfect for those busy weeks when you want to have a couple of snacks on hand.
For my BBG girls who love to have something sweet with their cup of tea or coffee, you will definitely want to try this recipe. It provides all the taste of oatmeal raisin cookies without any hidden nasties.
Many traditional oatmeal cookies can contain refined sugars, but with this recipe, the sweetness comes from ripe bananas and some juicy raisins. Grab the recipe below and get baking!
Quick And Easy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
These cookies use only a few ingredients, and many of you may already have these ingredient in your pantry at home! Because these cookies use rolled oats, there is no flour — and you can easily sub in gluten-free oats if you have a gluten intolerance.
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 25 mins
Serves: 12 cookies
Dietary preferences: Vegan, Gluten-free option, Vegetarian, Nut-free, Dairy-free
- 200g (2 cups) rolled oats or gluten free oats
- 2-3 large overripe bananas, peeled and mashed
- 40g raisins
- pinch of sea salt
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon.
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C (356°F) and line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. Place the rolled oats into a food processor or high-speed blender and pulse for 10 seconds. The oats should not resemble a fine powder but still have some whole pieces. Transfer the oats to a large bowl.
3. Add the mashed banana and mix until well combined. Add the raisins, salt and cinnamon and stir through evenly.
4. Scoop out 1 heaped tablespoon of the mixture and roll into a ball. Place on the prepared baking tray and flatten into a cookie shape using the back of a spoon. Repeat with the remaining mixture.
5. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the oven and transfer the cookies to a wire tray to cool.
6. Serve these Oatmeal Raisin Cookies fresh from the oven or once cooled, store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week. Enjoy!
Bananas and oats are pantry staples at my house, so this is such a great recipe because it is so simple to make, especially if you are short on time.
Try these easy oatmeal cookies
I think these cookies would be delicious with a cup of chamomile tea or even with a glass of milk. They have a lovely chewy texture that pairs so well with the raisins and you can make a batch to keep on hand for the week!
If you decide to make these oatmeal raisin cookies, let me know what you think! I hope you enjoy them.
* Results may vary. Strict adherence to the nutrition and exercise guide are required for best results.