Super Easy Pizza Dough Recipe
Quick and easy! So many recipes claim that they are quick and easy but this pizza dough is one recipe that actually delivers on that. Made with just two ingredients, this is a simple pizza dough recipe that is easy to make!
So many of us feel as though we don’t have any time spare in our day. If you struggle to make time for a workout and to get something tasty on the table, having a few easy recipes close by is just what you need.
I know pizza is a favourite food for so many members of the Sweat Community, so I love showing you simple ways you can make your favourite foods better for you. As a bonus, this easy pizza dough is so quick to make too!
When trying to keep your pizza on the healthy side, keep an eye on the toppings you choose! It is easy to go overboard and use way more cheese than you need to. Try adding more vegetables and skipping too much sauce or cheese — reach for some of these healthy pizza toppings instead!
Easy Pizza Dough Recipe
Are you wondering how good an easy pizza recipe can be? Not only can you make this one with just two ingredients, it comes out with the perfect texture! Try it for yourself.
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 30 mins
Serves: makes 3 pizzas
Dietary preferences: Gluten-free option, Vegetarian option, Pescetarian option, Nut-free
- 185g (1 ½ cup) self-raising wholemeal flour (or gluten-free self-raising flour)
- 245g (1 cup) plain Greek yoghurt
- oil spray
- Place the flour and yoghurt in a large bowl and mix until a dough forms.
- Transfer the dough to a lightly floured surface.
- Knead the dough, adding more flour as needed if the dough feels too sticky, for 8-10 minutes. Divide the dough into 3 even pieces and roll out each piece to your desired thickness.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (390°F). Place a baking tray in the oven to preheat for 5 minutes.
- Remove the tray from the oven and lightly spray with oil spray. Transfer the pizza dough to the prepared tray and pre-bake in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Remove the pizza bases from the oven and add some toppings. Here are a few different pizza topping ideas:
- Margherita pizza — top the base with sliced tomato, mozzarella, finely sliced basil and freshly ground black pepper. Return to the oven.
- Smoked salmon — layer some slices of smoked salmon with cream cheese, finely sliced red onion, capers and rocket.
- Fruit pizza — top the pizza base with some ricotta and add sliced mango, strawberries, blueberries, some mint, a drizzle of honey and a sprinkle of cinnamon. Once all the toppings are on, the fruit pizza is ready to eat — don’t put it back in the oven!
- Depending on your topping choice, you can serve straight away or return to the oven. If you are making a margarita or smoked salmon pizza, once you’ve returned the pizza to the oven, continue to cook it for a further 8-10 minutes or until the toppings are cooked and the edges are golden brown. Enjoy!
Give this pizza dough recipe a try
I know this recipe sounds a little unconventional but I think it is a great pizza dough to try, especially on World Pizza Day!
After all, if you can make your favourite foods healthier, easy to make and absolutely delicious, isn’t that a great way to treat yourself?
Love, Kayla xx
* Results may vary. Strict adherence to the nutrition and exercise guide are required for best results.