Zucchini & Egg Breakfast Muffins Recipe
These egg 'muffins' are easy to make in advance and are perfect for those mornings when you are in a rush and need a ‘grab and go’ breakfast. If we're honest, this is probably most mornings!
They are SO much healthier than a regular muffin, which is usually full of refined flours and excess sugars. You can also easily incorporate these into your meal prep routine by making one batch at the beginning of the week and refrigerating until needed. Microwave for about 30 seconds and enjoy!
Zucchini Egg Cups Muffins Recipe
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
Total time: 45 mins
Serves: 12 small muffins
Dietary preferences: Vegetarian, Grain-free, Gluten-free
- 3 medium zucchini, coarsely grated (about 3 cups)
- 9 eggs, lightly beaten
- ¼ cup milk or water
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- ½ cup cheddar cheese, grated (optional)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 180C (355 F). Spray a 6 hole muffin tray with olive or coconut oil cooking spray, ensuring each hole is well coated.
- In a medium bowl, whisk beaten eggs and milk (or water) until combined.
- Add zucchini, parsley, cheese (if using), salt and pepper. Mix until combined.
- Pour zucchini and egg mixture evenly between muffin cups, checking that the mix is almost to the top.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes or until cooked through and lightly golden.
Note: These zucchini egg cups are also suitable to freeze. Ensure muffins are completely cold before placing in a freezer-safe bag and squeeze any additional air. Once sealed, place in another freezer-safe bag, as this will help to prevent freezer burn, and freeze. To defrost: place covered muffin(s) in refrigerator to thaw.
Hope you enjoyed this healthy breakfast recipe, girls! It is one of my all time favourites.
* Results may vary. Strict adherence to the nutrition and exercise guide are required for best results.