Who doesn't love waffles? If you do, but wanna try make them a little healthier, you need to try this version of a regular waffle recipe - they are so tasty! Top them with anything you like, fresh fruit, honey and yoghurt are always a winning combination!
½ cup quinoa flour
½ cup rice flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 tbsp baking powder
½ tsp cinnamon
¼ tsp nutmeg
1 banana, mashed
½ cup unsweetened applesauce
1 ½ cups almond milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
Handful of blueberries, to garnish
Sliced apples, to garnish
- Preheat the waffle iron on medium heat.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the flours, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg and set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk the eggs until fluffy and there are bubbles starting to form. Add the milk, applesauce and vanilla. Whisk well to combine.
- Stir through the mashed banana and beat until smooth.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and gently stir with a wooden spoon. Try not to over mix.
- Coat the waffle iron with cooking spray.
- Carefully spoon your batter onto the pre-heated waffle iron and cook until golden brown.
- Repeat until all the batter is finished.
- Top with blueberries and sliced apple.
A dollop of natural yoghurt and some organic pure maple syrup works well too!
Love, Kayla xx