Healthy Chocolate Waffle Recipe
For when you want to sweeten things up for breakfast and dig into the most deliciously healthy chocolate waffles… this recipe is for you! If you've tried my traditional healthy waffle recipe and are looking for something you could have for breakfast OR dessert, you're sure to enjoy this chocolate option.
Chocolate Waffle Recipe
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 35 mins
Dietary preferences: Vegetarian, Nut-free
- 70g wholemeal flour
- 30g coconut flour
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 2 large eggs
- 250ml low-fat milk
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 3 tbsp pure maple syrup
- fresh mixed berries, to serve
- 200g low-fat plain yoghurt
- 25g desiccated coconut
- ¼ tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tsp pure maple syrup
1. To make the coconut yoghurt, place the yoghurt, coconut, vanilla essence and maple syrup in a small bowl and mix until well combined. Cover with plastic film and chill in the refrigerator while you prepare and make the waffles.
2. Preheat the waffle iron on medium heat.
3. Sift the wholemeal flour, coconut flour, cacao powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt into a mixing bowl and mix until well combined.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs until light and fluffy. Add the milk, coconut oil and maple syrup and whisk until well combined.
5. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and gently stir until combined and smooth. Set aside to rest for 5 minutes.
6. Lightly spray the waffle iron with oil spray.
7. Carefully pour the batter onto the waffle iron and cook for 2-3 minutes or until the waffles are ready. Repeat until the batter is finished.
Serve the chocolate waffles with the coconut yoghurt and fresh mixed berries. Enjoy!
* Results may vary. Strict adherence to the nutrition and exercise guide are required for best results.