Who doesn't love eating a delicious muffin? Unfortunately many shop bought muffins are full of added sugars, preservatives and sometimes even fat. This healthy muffin recipe is super easy to make and tastes amazing!
This recipe makes 12 muffins.
2 cups wholemeal flour
4 tsp baking powder
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 banana, mashed
40ml olive oil
1 egg, lightly whisked
160ml low-fat milk
60g low-fat plain yoghurt
2 tbsp maple syrup
100g frozen raspberries
- Preheat the oven to 180C and line a 12-cup muffin tray with paper liners.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and cinnamon in a large bowl and make a well in the centre.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the mashed banana, oil, egg, milk, yoghurt and maple syrup.
- Carefully pour the wet ingredients into the well and add the raspberries. Gently stir until just combined, being careful not to over stir.
- Spoon the mixture evenly among the prepared muffin holes. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the muffins comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and leave to sit for a few minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to completely cool. Enjoy!
Love, Kayla xx