Healthy Banana & Blueberry Bread Recipe
Banana Bread is one of my all time favourite treats! I especially love getting creative with it and adding in a variety of ingredients to achieve different flavours!
Healthy Banana Bread with Blueberries
The key ingredients of this healthy recipe are great sources of energy and fibre.
Coconut Flour is a gluten-free alternative to wheat flour and is high in fibre, making you feel fuller for longer. Bananas are a great source of energy and packed with essential minerals such as potassium.
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 50 mins
Total time: 60 mins
Dietary preferences: Vegetarian, Grain-free, Gluten-free, Dairy-free
- 3 large bananas roughly mashed
- ⅓ cup of blueberries
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbs pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup of coconut oil
- 1 tsp of ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 tsp of baking powder
- 2 tsp of vanilla extract
- ½ cup of coconut flour
- ¼ cup of flaxseed
- Pre-heat oven to 170 degrees (340f).
- Place banana, eggs, maple syrup, coconut oil, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla extract, flaxseed and baking powder into a bowl and use a hand mixer to combine.
- Add Coconut Flour and Blueberries and mix through with a spoon.
- Lightly grease (using coconut oil) and line the base and sides of a loaf tin and pour the batter into the tin.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until firm.
- Cool in pan for 15 minutes.
- Serve with fresh blueberries and enjoy!
For more healthy recipes, be sure to visit my recipes blog here.
* Results may vary. Strict adherence to the nutrition and exercise guide are required for best results.