Healthy Peanut Butter & Jelly Cookies
Ladies, this is an amazing recipe for healthy peanut butter and jelly cookies.
It's so important to take a balanced approach to health and nutrition, and to make sure it is sustainable in the long term. I usually eat Mediterranean-style food, which includes a wide variety of healthy foods I love — lots of vegetables, meat, seafood, rice and pasta. For snacks, I often eat fruit or dips with vegetable sticks, with the occasional sweet treat.
This recipe is perfect for those days when you want to satisfy a sweet tooth but stick to your health goals. These cookies are high in protein, gluten-free, have no added sugar and are suitable for vegetarian diets too!
Healthy, delicious peanut butter & jelly cookies
Try my healthy, gluten-free cookies today!
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 30 mins
Dietary preferences: Gluten-free, Vegetarian, Grain-free
Serves: Makes 10-12 cookies
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup vanilla protein powder
- 1⁄4 cup dried mulberries
- 1⁄4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1⁄4 cup peanut flour
- pinch of Himalayan sea salt
- optional 1⁄4 cup raspberry chia jam
- Preheat oven to 180C/360F.
- Line a large baking sheet with baking paper and set aside.
- Add all the ingredients except the raspberry chia jam to a food processor and mix until it forms a dough. The dough should be easy to form into balls.
- If the dough is too crumbly, add a touch more peanut butter or water to your mix the until desired consistency is achieved. Alternatively, if dough is too wet or sticky, add slightly more peanut flour.
- Once the dough is easy to handle, roll it into golf-ball sized shapes. Next, indent the tops with a spoon to make a cute well for the raspberry chia jam.
- Fill each well with approximately 1 to 1 1⁄2 teaspoons of chia jam.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until the cookies are lightly golden.
- Remove from oven and leave to cool.
Enjoy these cookies as part of a healthy, balanced diet
I hope you enjoy eating these cookies as much as I do! They are an amazing snack with a cup of tea too.
If you're a fan of peanut butter, you could also bake these peanut butter brownies, or make a chocolate peanut butter smoothie bowl.
There are also lots more of my healthy recipes you can try — let me know your favourites in the comments below!
* Results may vary. Strict adherence to the nutrition and exercise guide are required for best results.