Healthy Peanut Butter & Jelly Cookies
Ladies, this is an amazing recipe for healthy peanut butter and jelly cookies.
It's so important to take a balanced approach to health and nutrition, and to make sure it is sustainable in the long term. I usually eat Mediterranean-style food, which includes a wide variety of healthy foods I love — lots of vegetables, meat, seafood, rice and pasta. For snacks, I often eat fruit or dips with vegetable sticks, with the occasional sweet treat.
This recipe is perfect for those days when you want to satisfy a sweet tooth but stick to your health goals. These cookies are high in protein, gluten-free, have no added sugar and are suitable for vegetarian diets too!
Healthy, delicious peanut butter & jelly cookies
Try my healthy, gluten-free cookies today!
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 30 mins
Dietary preferences: Gluten-free, Vegetarian, Grain-free
Serves: Makes 10-12 cookies
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup vanilla protein powder
- 1⁄4 cup dried mulberries
- 1⁄4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1⁄4 cup peanut flour
- pinch of Himalayan sea salt
- optional 1⁄4 cup raspberry chia jam
- Preheat oven to 180C/360F.
- Line a large baking sheet with baking paper and set aside.
- Add all the ingredients except the raspberry chia jam to a food processor and mix until it forms a dough. The dough should be easy to form into balls.
- If the dough is too crumbly, add a touch more peanut butter or water to your mix the until desired consistency is achieved. Alternatively, if dough is too wet or sticky, add slightly more peanut flour.
- Once the dough is easy to handle, roll it into golf-ball sized shapes. Next, indent the tops with a spoon to make a cute well for the raspberry chia jam.
- Fill each well with approximately 1 to 1 1⁄2 teaspoons of chia jam.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until the cookies are lightly golden.
- Remove from oven and leave to cool.
Enjoy these cookies as part of a healthy, balanced diet
I hope you enjoy eating these cookies as much as I do! They are an amazing snack with a cup of tea too.
If you're a fan of peanut butter, you could also bake these peanut butter brownies, or make a chocolate peanut butter smoothie bowl.
There are also lots more of my healthy recipes you can try — let me know your favourites in the comments below!
* Disclaimer: This blog post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. Sweat assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.